Thomas J. (T.J.) Brown
Extensive experience in marketing and marketing communications with in-depth knowledge of e-commerce and Internet marketing and the discipline of an MBA. Effective in business-to-business and direct customer marketing with a consistent record of achieving results. Skilled copy writer and communicator with experience in public relations and social media.
Mohawk Mfg. & Supply Co. 2000-present
Inside Sales and Marketing Manager
Responsibilities include developing effective marketing materials; disseminating internal and external communications regarding Mohawk; researching competitive information and analyzing internal data; developing company strategies to improve competitiveness; directing and measuring the performance of outside sales representatives; and managing more than two dozen key accounts, ensuring customer satisfaction and sales growth.
Implemented and now maintain e-commerce site and act as liaison between company IT and outside web developers.
Administer the internal network, troubleshoot problems, and ensure maintenance of company technology is current.
Support all the regional sales managers with marketing materials, competitive information and customer service support, offering direction, measuring performance, and participating in the hiring decisions.
· Assigned to work most closely with two sales representatives, helping them increase sales by 4.51% and gross profit by 8.58% during a time when company sales decreased by 4.57% and gross profit by 3.39%.
· Boosted sales in my top 12 accounts by 23% in 2010 and moved them from generating 12% of company’s revenues to 17%.
· Launched e-commerce site in 2008, driving Internet sales from 0 to 9% of company sales with gross margins of Internet sales of 51% compared to regular company gross margins of 35%.
· Built internal company Intranet, centralizing company communication and simplifying access.
Pioneer Press Newspapers 1999-2002
Covered local sports for the Lake County bureau of the chain of suburban weeklies. This bureau’s four-person sports staff published 13 unique sports sections weekly.
LaPorte Herald-Argus 1997-1999
Assistant Sports Editor
· Hoosier State Press Association, Second Place Best Sportswriting, 1999.
Loyola University Chicago 2005-2009
Concentrations in Marketing, Management and Finance.
· Dean’s Honors
· Alpha Sigma Nu (Jesuit Honor Society)
· Beta Gamma Sigma (International Business Honor Fraternity)
· 2008-09 School of Business Administration President’s Medallion (Awarded to one student each year)
Indiana University 1993-1997
B.A.J. (Journalism) 1997
Co-Authored “Executive Succession in the Family Business: The O’Bannon Exercise” with Anne Reilly, Ph.D; Erin Eddy; Justin Mattice; John Schifferdecker; Julie Taylor; and V. Katie Taylor.
· Published in 2007 Family Business Casebook Annual by Kennesaw State University.
· Presented with Anne Reilly, Ph.D. in March 2007 at Society for the Advancement of Management Annual Meeting, Las Vegas.
Kohl Children’s Museum
Board of Governors, Vice President
Loyola University Chicago
Strategic Planning Committee
Graduate School of Business Advisory Council